In Your Struggles and Suffering
Welcome to First Counseling, formerly The Grace Center. At First Baptist Church we are committed to the Word of God and to helping people who struggle with counseling problems. That is why we are committed to biblical counseling. First Counseling exists to do this important work. We want to help struggling people know how to implement Christ’s solutions for life’s problems.
If you or a loved one is struggling, we are happy to help. First Counseling counselors are certified with the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC), and include pastors, ministry leaders, and staff counselors. Our desire is to help you change in a way that honors Christ.
How to Schedule
Fill Out a Counseling Form
Give our team an idea of what you’re struggling with so we can pair you up with the best counselor.
Get assigned to a counselor
We will pair you up with an available biblical counselor ready to provide help and hope.
Begin Counseling Sessions
After you’re assigned a counselor, you’ll schedule a time to meet and begin the process of growing and changing.
What to Expect
Before we can begin to help with your problem, there are a few things you need to know:
- First, our counseling is offered free of charge as a ministry to our church and community.
- Appointments are based on our wait list; because of this, we are not always able to see members of other churches. Please call our office, 904.366.1237, to see if we are accepting non-members at this time.
- For members of other churches, we require that you bring someone in spiritual leadership from your church to “walk along” with you in the counseling. This counseling advocate will be crucial to helping you implement the changes we discuss in counseling.
- We also require the pastor of your church to complete a “Church Recommendation Form.”
- If you are not a member/attender of a church but want to receive counseling, we are glad to see you but will ask you to commit to attending FBC Jax while you are receiving counseling.
If you agree to this biblical pathway for counseling, we invite you to click the “Request Counseling” button below to begin your counseling journey.
Biblical Counseling Saved Our Marriage
“Biblical counseling saved our marriage of thirty plus years. We had grown apart to the point we were living separate lives and divorce was on the horizon. We barely talked much less express love for one another. Biblical counseling brought us back together and more importantly back to Christ.”
The Bible has Answers and Encouragement
“The six months that my husband and I spent at First Counseling were vital in teaching us how to deal with a difficult ‘blended family’ situation… With specific instruction, firm accountability, and gentle discipline, we were reminded weekly that the Word has practical answers, effectual truths, and an abundance of encouragement…”